Finally brave enough to start this new segment I have been thinking about since the beginning of the year. And I am quite sad I am just now starting on it, instead of this being the third post. Oh well!
So every month from now on, I want to share with you all some of my favorites things (food, purchases, moments, etc.) from each month, as another way to get to know me. I see some of my favorite vloggers doing this and though it was a cool idea, even if I’m not confident enough about my filming skills.
- Magpie Waffles: Really been on the waffle craze lately. We have a waffle-maker at the apartment finally and have been utilizing it quite frequently, but I also decided to get the waffles at my favorite cafe recently. Even though they were pretty small, they were still so delicious; I wish there would have been more! It’s my goal to try more of their food instead of just getting latte’s at every visit.
- Matcha Waffles: In addition to the waffles subject, I started experimenting with matcha waffles, using a matcha powder with our pancake/waffle mix and our waffle-maker. It took me a couple tries to find the perfect mix, but I finally made the perfect matcha waffle, in my opinion. I have never had a legit matcha waffle, so I have no standards to uphold. Although I do wish I could have made the waffle more of a solid green color…..
- Mochi Ice Cream Bar: New to Whole Foods, a mochi bar! I much prefer mochi ice cream over regular mochi, so when I heard about this, I made a point to visit and try every single flavor. Naturally, green tea is my favorite. Mochi is a Japanese rice cake made with rice flour and usually with a red bean (yuck) filling. The ice cream version is the real winner.
- Lucky Charms Macarons: A sweet I love that isn’t Japanese?! Macarons! There is a local bakery, Les Amis Bake Shoppe, that makes the best macarons around. They are a lot different than Laduree (my favorite); they’re bigger and have more of an ice cream feel. So for St. Patrick’s Day, Les Amis released a Lucky Charms flavor and I freaked. Lucky Charms is probably one of my favorite unhealthy cereals, other than Captain Crunch Berries, so as soon as I found out I jetted over to buy some. They were so magically delicious.
- Skoshbox Treats: Box subscriptions are so fun because you get to try new things and that’s something that I love. I made a post about the March Skoshbox if you’re interested on more details. My April box has just shipped and I just can’t wait to see what they sent this month!
- Starbucks Ham & Cheese Croissant: I love trying new things, so I grabbed this yummy croissant one morning on my way to work. Absolutely mouthwatering delicious. Just thinking about it now is making me hungry for another. Not the healthiest breakfast choice, but a yummy, high-carb treat.
- Sapporo Japanese beer: The only beer I like is Japanese beer. Go figure. Really had a craving for this lately. Must be my Japan withdrawals kicking in.
- Spring Starbucks cups: Most people probably think the Starbucks spring cups are plain, but I love them! The colors are pretty and the drawings are absolutely adorable. Way to switch things up!
- Starbucks Cinnamon Almondmilk Macchiato: The first sip was most likely straight up caramel, but YUM! Got to try all the new drinks. Sometimes I like to switch up from my usual dark roast coffee and try something different. Only thing I hate is how quickly iced drinks are gone.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Illustrated Edition: About time I purchased this book. I already have the first, but it wasn’t in the cards for me to purchase this one as soon as it came out. It was time to add it to the collection this month. The illustrations are so beautifully done! Did you see the cover release for the next book? Another gorgeous addition coming in the fall!
- Pro Compression 2017 Boston Marathon socks: I am a huge Boston sports fan, as well as obsessed with the prestigious marathon (#runnerprobs), so I was definitely looking forward to the release of this years Boston sock. It definitely didn’t disappoint.
- Pro Compression Neon & Royal Blue Wings: Same design as the January Sock of the Month, but a different colorway that I am in love with. I love the bright, vibrant colors.
- Reebok Workout TR 2.0’s: Yay for new lifting shoes! I was definitely in need of some and these were only $50. Winning. I need a black pair since I wear black quite a bit and these were the lucky winners. I really like Reebok’s workout shoes and I have the Nano’s in grey; even though I don’t do crossfit, they are perfect for lifting.
- Sarah Marie Design Studio Mugs: Finally bought two mugs from Sarah Marie Design Studio. I just couldn’t resist the cute sayings. Yes, I have a couple discolored toenails (thanks running) AND I do in fact drink my coffee black. She has even more cute mugs on the website that I am dying to purchase.
- Beauty and the Beast: I have been waiting SO LONG for this. As soon as I heard they were making a live action AND casting Emma Watson as Belle, I was dying with excitement. And the movie was absolutely beautiful and very true to the original in many ways. Belle has been my favorite Disney Princess since I was a little girl because we both shared a love for reading, so I had to relive my childhood seeing this gorgeous movie. Favorite movie of 2017 (until Wonder Woman and the new Pirates come out…)
- Getting Back into a Solid Gym & Running Routine: I love having a solid routine going. Even though I’m not training for any races currently, I enjoy running and want to continue doing it often, not only because I love it but because I also want to keep my stamina and endurance up. And it’s really fantastic to be back in the gym after such a break; time to work on those gains!
- Spring Flowers: One of my favorite things about spring is all the beautiful flowers in bloom
- Sunny Sunroof Days: It’s been really pretty weather lately, although it’s starting to get a bit too warm for my liking, but the weather has been quite ideal for having my sunroof open in my car. I love the days I get to ride around with it open; they don’t happen enough!
- Memoirs of A Geisha: About time I finished this amazing book. I meant to have it finished before our Japan trip, which obviously didn’t happen until this month. Such a beautiful book and the movie stayed pretty accurate to the book as well! I highly recommend.