Is it just me or did 2016 fly by? We are already halfway through the first month of 2017 too, believe it or not! After ringing in the New Year in Japan — and spending the next 11 days there — the first half of the month has flown by for me especially.
Before we really get into 2017, I wanted to share some of my highlights and favorite memories of 2016, as well as my goals from 2017.
Best of 2016
- Running my FIRST marathon, the Louisiana Marathon. (January 17)
- Green belt promotion in judo (January 30)
- Running my second half-marathon, the Amazing Half-Marathon. (March 6)
- Being selected into the 2016 NYC Marathon (March 8)
- Seeing Wicked @ the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans (May 25)
- Purchasing my Mini Cooper Countryman (October 5)
- NYC trip (November 2-7)
- Seeing The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway (November 3)
- Running my third half-marathon, the Baton Rouge Beach Half AND setting a new PR of 2:00:49 (December 3)
- My boyfriends graduation (December 10)
- Our five years of dating anniversary (December 11)
- Leaving for Japan (December 26)
- Colt proposing in front of Mt. Fuji (December 29)
- Being accepted as a Pro Compression Ambassador for 2017 (December 29)
- Ringing in the New Year in Japan (December 31)
- A sub 2hr half-marathon
- Getting back in the gym routine after hardly going the past six months
- Getting back into a running routine
- Run 1,000 miles
- Eat healthier; more fruits + veggies, protein; less sweets and snacks.
- Drink less diet coke
- Read more than 15 books
As you can tell, there were quite a few running-related highlights as well as travel-related ones. What can I say, those are my favorite hobbies! Sorry reading, you didn’t make the highlights, although I did read some great books in 2016 (the Outlander series seriously took up most of my year of reading!).
2016 mileage ~ 555 miles
Books read in 2016 ~ 7 books
That is it for my brief recap of my 2016 highlights. Here’s to an awesome 2017 of achieving my goals and just having fun along the way.
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Day-by-day Japan trip recap coming shortly!!